Saturday 31 July 2010

Just a few words of incouragement is all it takes ie:

Linda LeBo Ritchie Been enjoying your blog (can't resist roadtrips). I too love and believe in fairies!! If
you will be near N.H. on your trip, I know a fairie artist that I'm sure you would enjoy!
Deb Lapointe, Griffinhill miniatures, you can access it through my fb page.

I just wanted to discribe thursday night..

after setting up the booth in New Milford ct.

First off i didn't want to work here because on this weekend last year i had along discussion with one of moms drs and it concuded with it isn't promising.. that eve, on sat. i met a nurse, who's name escapes me right now, in any event...she couldn't decide on getting earrings or not and came back to the booth 3 times.. and finally did get a pair.. when we started to talk i told her about mom, and she told me her mom had died of pancreatic cancer also... It was an eye opener, as she discribe running around a hospital screaming "give her the medicine"! oh dear god , i thought in the moment... what was i to do.. how would i be able to go to l.a ? so this weekend i'm afraid would be a ruff one for me.. but alas, i had no choice, i need to work and this was my best op. so i am here, last night she came back to the booth, and if there was anyone i wanted to see, it was her. if that was my only reason to be here at all. she had lost one of the earrings, and as we spoke of last year, she was amazed at my vivid memory of our brief encounter, i wrapped up discretely the pair of earrings she had pointed out. and as what seemed to a closing conversation, i handed her the earrings, and said thank u to her.

the next thing u know she introduced me to her daughter, and her friend, and her friend liked a necklace i'd made, beautiful if i may say so myself, with briollet cut aqua, yellow saphire, and white pearls. it matched some aqua studs she was wearing, it looked lovely on her, but wasn't thinking she'd end up wearing it home, i was asking $495. when her husband came over to look he asked how much, i told him.. he said will i give u.. oh great her it comes, the I'll give u line, like they dictate my income or something, with out attitude i listened, as he offered $450. i looked at him.. reached down took out a gift box, and said, it's yous!!!and so the aqua necklace has at last found a happy home where it will be seen at dinner parties, lunchens and.. and the like!

well that certainly helped my bottom line!

ok back to thursday, we came back to the coach, and andres wanted to play with my friend, ed's dog, so we picked up some doggie treats at the store and went to visit.. andres had a good time throwing and fighting over a ball with sigma, the dog, an enormous german shepard, and as the sunset, and ed and i could no longer see the ball, then the dog, and then andres in the darkness past dusk, we continued to sit on a boulder, that was warm from the long day sun, warm under my ass as the air became cool, we looked over the all american baseball field used by the community, as the sunset and the stars magically appeared , above the tall oak at the edge of the field.. one of those nights where they were truly so bright u might reach up , for me on my tippy toes, and take one to light up the path back to my coach, a few yards away. I talked about mom.. big fucking surprise!!

we listened to music on his I phone, and some very approperiate song about lighting a bowl came up, knew mom was there!! too fucking funny.. just random, pandora song..

it's been like this since she departed..

oh btw, the nurse, she got a new job... guess what doing? she now is a hospice nurse, assisting families with their dieing loved ones. can u believe that one... You know, i had a few things happen this week, that were not so.. great.. but then this shit happens and i again know why i get up in the morning.. because whatever less pleasant event is just a speck in the big picture, and when one door closes another one opens, even when it seems so unfair in the moment.. and truly it has always opened to something so much better.. if we can keep our perspective.. which is hard to do while grieving.. of a loss, wiether large or small..

with that i do conclude.. i am not fixing the spelling ... i am late for work as i had to write first.. inspiration..

i have a story about the spelling.. and will tell in my next blog.. as i was advise to do so from cassie.. and so now i will leave a segway..to that story.. about when i was little girl..

love u all and thanks for reading.. as though if u didn't that stop me!

with all i am

andrea and crew

No comments:

Post a Comment