Friday 29 October 2010

It has been a week since i woke up, in a campground, wondering where the hell i was, each time almost, as i traveled through the summer and into the fall.. spent the week getting it all together, not missing a step, school, unpacking finally a bit yesterday, hanging up cloths now not so squished in such a small closet.. spending my day filling out applications for shows to work this coming winter, on my short visit, if u will, down or over in florida. While the crew visits their father, and i try and fill in 29 days, working and sleeping on the couches of friends state wide..please report back if u have a vacancy!!!I will be Travelin' Light....(BH)

At last I am completely alone, for the first time since i returned home, the crew at school, my roomies to work and school and Cassie out on a business run for some production or another, a cool breeze blowing gently through my kitchen window, the smell of the air, it's own distinct aroma of hollywood.. Having been up unusually late since i returned or is that so? Chatting with Cassie, listening to music, such a Root thing to do, here, and yet so different, but still the same, so hard to explain, i can not..

The memories of Summertime, seemingly far now in the past, as i look towards my winter ahead.. How 7 days can be so defining..

I made major decisions this week, as i realized i couldn't live with any more than the crew, at least not for a while, this is my work space, my office during the day, and i just couldn't have the distraction of the comings and goings of yet more people so sadly had to give notice to Mabel and her lovely daughter, MJ.. Then the discussion came up at my neighbor apt, Sherees and then Matt across the hall, the perils of having a room mate, and the risks one takes when taking a stranger,essentially in.. when i heard the stories, it reminded me much of my mothers story, (title withheld) The battle of staying a float , the sacrifices we have to make to pay the bills, but at what cost, i ask.. at the risk of my children's best interest? or safety,... seems now hard to even consider that.. and i had..

my only alternative is to work as much is as possible, find more good shows and spend as little as possible, on anything else ..but the rent.. food, transportation..

and keeping the lights and phone on, another few things we can not live without..

better safe than sorry, cheep once pay twice, all come to mind, as i make this choice.. the only one that makes any sense to me at all.. terrifying though.. faithful yet resident.. The first i've had to actually deal with in all these months it seems so much easier to just drive around ,place to place with out a care, i allowed myself.. no longer an option as i forge forward on this L.a adventure..

As I washed the dishes yesterday, I let the water run, seems such a normal thing to do.. as I Always shut the water off while soaping up dishes or self.. the day before was watching Maddie do dishes and with out even a thought watched her soaping up all the dishes the tap off, then turning the tap on to rinse, not even she realized she'd done that.. living on weekends with a water capacity of 50 gallons, learning the value of water, like the value of money.. spend thriftily.. the water, or the money..

and last nights consult with miss madeline, her tired tears over the long week a new school, classes, that make her run the gamut of a campus made for high schoolers, we toured yesterday, carrying a book bag filled with so many books, she claimed it wasn't as heavy as the Easy Up, the tent we use to set up our booth.. The over whelming work and the catch up.. the math that is now over my head.. and the letter requesting she be excused from a field trip to the museum of ART as she said, "I've just spent 16 weeks on a bus, going to art shows" !!!!!!... I wrote it..

and now the weekend ahead.. Halloween, Maddie as a hippy girl and mr Andres the cowboy, i myself the gypsy, hear the song gypsy by Stevie Nicks.. in the back ground, or how about gypsies tramps and thieves.. Cher..

i have music running through my mind ..

"As" was on the radio, by Stevie Wonder, from the album: Songs in the Key of life.. how fitting.. the album title.. as i found myself driving through hollywood this morn on our way to school..to its rhythm

and life goes on.. The streets of hollywood, our new road.. What a trip

Andrea and crew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7ENPQzlUpY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L97pXkcMEds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOSZwEwl_1Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dX0pdsLVb0

food for thought... now that'd be nice huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment