Thursday 4 November 2010

Hollywood, da da da da da da da da HOLLYWOOD .....

well lets just start with it is hot as hell, indian summer, 97 degrees, I don't like to be cold, but this is not warm, it's hellatious. Root's Place, my apt.. is about 10 degrees hotter.. if one more person askes, "What u don't have an air conditioner?" well if i had an air conditioner i wouldn't be sitting here at 6:30 am still perspiring from the heat.. it never even cooled off last night, yesterday my only relief from the heat was my trip to pick up The crew from school, in the little red car, Little Red Riding Root.
AIRCONDITIONING!!!! and that was short lived.. before returning..

There's a breeze, i see it out side my window facing east, the trees blow, not an incling of one passes through this apt..I now can not just open the front door as my mom has as i might distrub the nieghor, who's made such a fuss, now there are signsdown stairs informing me spacifically that no children under 8 can be in the pool and children between 8-14 the ages of Madeline and MJ, must not only be accompanied by adult supervision, must have a certificate for swimming.. ARE THEY KIDDING!! will post photo.

I say me because, if u really want to have a laugh, the signs were posted up with tape above the mail boxes a few days ago then they were Framed and placed above my mail box, #4.. as a reward for doing all his home work i promised I'd take andres to the pool, break the rules, as he is 7.. and a half.. without a swimming certificate, will make one up and print it out on the computer later, as there is no such certificate available in the state of california.. i wonder why as i write this i feel tears in my eyes.. They have it in for me.. let's face it and i can't imagine anyone could be like this.. And people watch soap operas Isn't that why i have the readership i have... whats the next sagga!!

As my day was scheduled with hair repair, I found The academy for goldwell, ellumine hair color here in Santa Monica so u might say i was on a short road trip, as santa monica according to map quest is about 12.5 miles from here and will only take 39 mins to get there.. so west i headed, found it with no trouble, and immediately had a connection with the parking attendant, camella, from brazil, she was surprised at how clearly i spoke, and how easy it was to understand me.. we talked about language and how people do not annucate words properly and that makes learning english so much more difficult, i used examples like thirty, which is usually pronounced thirdy, or how about fordy or fithdy.. she had trouble with the word culture, and i showed her where to put her tongue to say it. Most of us wouldn't even think about that but i've spent a lot of time teaching english having spent 17 yrs with a peruvian..i learned a lot about how we speak where we put our tongue to anounciate a word..

and that was just the garage where i parked!!! As i walked around the block already the air quite warm just a half block from the sea, i thought to myself, how on earth can anyone ever be bored, only if u have absolutley nothing going on in ur head .. that is certainly not my case..

ah so onto finding the academy, i was actually early and if u are not early YOU ARE LATE.. and being i'd left at around 9am i was sure to make it on time, when i drove down La Cieniga, there was so much traffic i could hardly believe that there is 14% unemployment here.. where on earth are all these unemployed people going anyway!! bumper to bumper on I-10 west also.. and who works down there, they certainly couldn't be on there way to the beach that early, could they.. anyone with intelligence should have been.. so fucking hot.. anyway.. I was greated by nicole, who was a very informed, educated girl of 30.. we got on immediately.. i was the only one there and they unlocked the door to let me in, just think they weren't sitting there making me wait till exactly 10am to let me in..I always find that so annoying.. we talked about color, what would work and what wouldn't ultimately we came up with a color palet that would work for both me, and her creative juices. i brought my computer assuming i would have ample time to write, as this was going to be a long task.. as it turned out we never stopped talking about the product, how it works, which i am very informed, she was quiet surprised and then started teaching me even more.. i was engrossed.. i had said i could sell this, i can't understand why more solons don't use it.. i personally found it intriguing, and my sales brain was at work.. can't sell something u know nothing about, and i am in the academy, where THE top hair colorists from a round the world come for seminars, hair designs for 2010, 2011, are already in the bag and they are now shooting 2012.. right.. wow.. they work with a sister co. KMS which really handle the Hair styists.. and new hair cut designs.. this was truly fascinating.. The entire process.. these huge photos hung as a divider, with some of the most beautiful photographed girls faces, should have taken my camera, who knew.. they were imposed onto clear, light wieght plastic , that would remind u of frosted glass, dangeling from stainless steal cable.. Nicole showed me all around, surprisingly, we were still just us, and the receptionist, free to speak.. then we went out for a smoke in the alley, a huge pho pa in santa monica!! They're so over the top, green doesn't get greener!!! shit while these assholes are jogging down sunset bl. in extreme heat, at rush hour am, breathing carbon monoxide is good for u... shit

where was i? oh oh, our conversation continued as she showed me all around the empty facility, where they give their lectures, kitchen, where they use caters, for special events, the bathroom with special frosted glass stalls, And their main office of operations, and open door set up so everyone can chime in if they choose.

During our long conversation, we brought up the value of the shower and it's many benefits, as it turns out, this is her special place to escape, as it turns out her mom is not well, and when i asked what was wrong with her mom, she said Pancreatic cancer.., she could find her self in the bathroom, take a shower, cry her eyes out where no one could hear her there...for the mystery readers that are from nations around the world, may i mention it will be a year november 24th that my mom died of this same hideous disease, I knew in a moment exactly how she felt, as i had found myself many a times reeling on the kitchen floor, or bathroom or car, or anywhere no one was, to just cry..It brought back a flood of memories, of a year ago.. she lives with her folks, and so she , like i was, has her hands full, and is there for each moment, and all it is to take care of a sick parent, Her Mother, the meds, the vomiting, the works.. I so know..

With all of that there's still more, as it turns out they will be gathering local artists for a show case event, there at the academy and i do hope i will be one of those selected.. i would really enjoy the experience, and the opportunity to explore other avenues for my business, Up Your Ear .. as well as be a part of their event.. and contribute to the events success.

ah what a day brings when i step out my door, just goes to show anything is possible and opportunies are around every bend, lets just see where this leads.. down the road!!

to be con't

andrea and crew

No comments:

Post a Comment