Monday 7 March 2011

replies to my "no road trip" blog prior(so far)

Hey Andrea,

So sorry to hear that you won't be traveling this summer, you'll be missed here in NY.  I completely understand about the gas prices.  I travel 37 miles one way to get to work and Roger travels 47 miles, so our commuting costs have skyrocketed.  My company had a 41% staff reduction on February 10; luckily for me, I still have my job.  It's been scary and lonely, and very sad to be in a lab by myself when it used to have more.  Hopefully I'll see you again sometime, please make sure you keep me in mind and my email address on your mailing list.

Regards,

Elizabeth

-------------------- ---------------------- -------------------- ------------------- -----------------

Ok, so you made me cry worrying about you and the kids.  I know you will manage but having been there done that I know how scary this time is for you.  I too made the decision not to travel or do shows this year...well did sign up for Fairport and probably will still apply for Park Ave only because it's only 3 hours away and I get to stay with dear friends in Rochester.  However, they will be my "retirement" shows and try to sell  off what ever I can.  Ron and I have been doing some side construction work and enjoying that plus it's all for local folks and we get to be together.  Who ever thought the price of gas would put us out of the craft business?  My Dad told me for the last 3 years of his life "get out".... I never could give up what I loved,, but between gas and arthritis I'm ready.  I did pray and cry over the decision but ready to let go. 
I wish you nothing but peace and happiness in your life.  Remember there is always a place for you to visit here in Pa.  Love to the kids and to you!!

xoxo kas

No comments:

Post a Comment