Thursday 7 October 2010

every day a challege, yesterday when i arrived to set up after driving 3 days to the great state of alabama, i discovered my space was consiterably less dissireable than what i'd expected . and having been here for a few years out side of last year, my mother was dieing.. so couldnt make it, i lost my standing i guess and was shoved to the end of a deserted row near the band stand, the last space on earth anyone would want, certainly me. They begged me to stay.. and give it a chance.... by 2pm i was back at the volunteers desk, this wont do i've taken in $42.. and it was the girl Tammy who"s in charge of the area my booth's in.. so i decided i could could leave and be depressed, or i could stay, leave on monday, depressed and exhausted, decided the later wasn't worth it and told them just write me the check, i'm not staying... guess what, they found me a better spot... a much better spot... and i packed the whoole thing up and dollied it over to my new space reset up, now the second week in a row of setting up packing up moving the whole shit load of the booth, and redoing it all over again... This is not a normal practice but what must be done must be done.. so after what was the best crowd day ever in the history of the shrimp fest , evidently, the crowd thinned as i moved my booth between 2pm and 4pm, and reset up in the ultimate heat of the day... dripping wet now looking oh so pretty,, i was off to yet a second start, informed in no uncertain terms that as i choose to move there would be absolutely no refund now... Dah wtf if i choose to move that must be it, i would so much rather work for my investment than to pack up now and go home after my enormous effort to get to this, what might have been a disaster show, GULF SHORES, the oil spill, for those who watch the news...

so catching my breath, put up lights and bingo... if u build it they will come.. if u happen to be in the right spot, and i thankfully sold a bit and though yesterday was a loss.. i did get a few bucks in my purse, and will joyfully go out there and make it a great one today..

my road this summer has been about something other the money, as it turns out i certainly left with the thought that was what i was searching for, and certainly i was going to have it all, as it turned out, so far.. my profits have been in relationships, friendships old and new, cant wait to pay the rent with that..!!! but i shant knock it.. all the money in the wold can not buy u friendships, love or happiness so it is said, maybe some comfort, but little else.. ease, which i might not complain about, though i complain little.. i am most fortunate.. and will get my rewards for the rest of this weekend and i will go home.. figure out what ver it is i'm to do to bring in an income when i return to L.a i have an art project i've wanted to do for 20yrs having never given up on the hope i would someday do so.. i know not only will i be satisfied to do the work , but feel a new way to earn a living doing what i love shall be the out come.. and i cant wait to get started.. not to say that earrings aren't my life's work but another avenue must be ridden on like Worth Ave.. one of my favorite streets!!! Park ave wouldn't be so bad either!!! as for this moment in time pacific ave where i set up shop.. will do for the weekend.. and then onwards and up wards, a gradual hill like the drive here this week.. taking me ever carefully to my next destination..

The sun is shinning promising a hot southern day in the shores of the gulf, the sea glistening, under its bright warm rays, as my many northern friends find after a week a little sunshine.. hahahaha.. i will don.. my flowy little cotton dress let the breeze flow up it and sell, sell, sell!!!!!! wonder what funny thing i will say today.. oh just one thing before i go.. yesterday morn a woman came into my booth and was looking for some little balls, meaning studs, either way.. i told her no, so sorry i was looking for bigger balls.. it went over her head!!! so if anyone knows where i can find some big balls or studs just let me know!!!i make earrings that go UP YOUR EAR!!!! oh another funny in the afternoon after i reset up.. a woman from the city, i'd spoken to over he phone came by to met me especially ...when we'd spoken she needed to confirm my e-mail address.. so she spelled it out over the phone like this..... u-p-y-o-u rear@ i said no thats not my e-mail address it's u-p-y-o-u-r ear.. well it was so funny i'd repeated it a few times... and when she came by, she told me that she'd had more fun telling that story than any other in quite some time and that a many others got a good laugh.. wow.. it was a pleasure to meet phyillis, and may the laughs con't..

keep up the smiling, the sun is shinning..

and i am off to work, becuz i owe i owe..

and have a hungry crew to feed, that non existant child support just wont cut it..

best in my dearests days, may the trees stand tall, but leave a clear view to the sea, endless possibilities..

Andrea and crew

No comments:

Post a Comment