Wednesday 11 August 2010

letter from Wally

Have been reading your blog, and thus know you are now divorced. So, congratulations. I keep reading the descriptions of the place with the water and the sailboats, etc. Where is it?

Hope sales improve for you. People are not spending money and states are going broke. Wish Andres a happy birthday and tell Maddie she's a great kid and the experience she's getting traveling is worth a thousand hanging out with friends. She has all fall and winter to do that. I know she probably misses people of her own age, but being as bright as she is, and a reader, and having an amusing mother (you), tell her to look on the bright side.

When I was a kid I had rheumatic fever and had to stay in bed for .a year and a half, never even saw another kid. I was frustrated at the time, but like Maddie, a reader. Now that I look back on that year and a half, it probably did more for me than any other time. I learned to be self reliant, figured ways to entertain myself and keep from getting bored. My sister still remembers that I made my own paper dolls and designed clothes for them and did the same for her when we lived in Nyack.

One of your other blog followers, Linda Le Bo Ritchie is a painter and a metal sculptor, very talented and an extremely nice person. She lives in Fort Myers. She and her other half, Larry, are also having a hard time which is made worse by the gulf disaster affecting the tourist activity. Sorry you're not going to meet them, you'd like her a lot. She's also very beautiful. Your father only met her twice and he still refers to her as "Linda Beautiful".

Did the house sell? The motor home? Anything?

Read the email you got from Roseanne. I always wondered what happened to her. She drove Eugenia from the East to your mother's when Eugenia and Kenny broke up. They stopped here and Roseanne explained she had saved a bit of money and was following her dream of becomong an actress and was at that point sharing the apt with your mother. Anyway, I always hoped she had some success as I admired her guts-leaving a good job, tossing everything and going for it. Next time you communicate, say hello to her for me.

Anyway, keep blogging!

Love, Wally

No comments:

Post a Comment