Saturday 4 September 2010

This past weekend I was in Ventura and took a boat trip and who was
there on the boat? A family with a baby!!!! Why is this
significant? I will tell you. I'm not keen on being around kids.
The next family to get on the boat was a couple with a five year-old
boy, and the woman goes over to the couple with the baby and starts
talking "baby talk" to the baby!!! I wanted to jump overboard. Too
bad I can't swim. All of a sudden, your mother's voice came to me
and I wanted to ask the woman if she was going to talk like that
through the whole forty minute trip. All this was going on in my
head. Fortunately, the woman moved away from the baby and focused on
the sights in the harbor, and stopped talking "baby talk". Dodged
that bullet.

The next thing is this hurricane Earl, which is scheduled to hit the
Outer Banks very soon. Eugenia used to live in the Outer Banks. I
have no idea if she's still living there, but on our trip West from
the Outer Banks, she continuously talked about having lived in the
Outer Banks. I had never heard of the Outer Banks until that time.
It seems to me that the Outer Banks are destroyed on a yearly basis
by hurricanes. I can't imagine there are still people living there.
It's strictly a summer resort town, with most of the businesses
closing during the winter. People who went there are being
evacuated. Do you know if she's living there?

Is there a hurricane in your future? I hope not. One other thing
about Alex. Remember I was at his shop for an oil change a week ago
Monday? Two days later, my car's "check engine light" went on and
the car started to shake. Called AAA and had it towed to my house.
Called AAA on Thursday morning and had it towed to Alex's because I
didn't want to drive it. I had reservations for two days in a motel
in Port Hueneme. I had to escape LA, even for a couple of days.
Fortunately, it wasn't anything serious and I was on my way later
that day. Imagine being at Alex's twice in one week? I was really
stressed out. I HATE CARS!

Hope you and the crew are doing well and selling like crazy. I
haven't forgotten that we want to organize a night to listen to the
tapes I have with your mother and I ranting about all sorts of
topics. I'm not sure the material is "PG" rated, so you might want
to have the kids out of earshot.

It's Labor Day weekend. I'm going to re-arrange my sock drawer!

Love,

Rosanne

No comments:

Post a Comment