Thursday 21 October 2010

I was so determined to write everyday on my way home.. or on my west.. does anyone know where home is.. i've been so displaced for so long now.. i wonder as i struggle to find the coffee maker under 9000 things, no time to play house, i'm driving, writing, on the frigging phone.. checking e-mails.. pressing ignore on my phone to the umteen bill collectors, and listening to the crew fight over who's half hour its is for the tv.. they haven't watched all summer long, at last a signal on dish network that i won't have once back at the apt..

oh and on that subject, of the crew.. hahaha.... stop that, he threw the foam arrow at my head, poor boy bored out of his mind, and spit balls, mom may i have a few napkins.. i might need to blow my nose at some point during the day.. right andres. no... then from the rear.. mom, mom mom... yes andres.. mom mom mom.. yes andres, i cant hear u im driving, speak up MOM, MOM, MOM.. yes andres.. ......im hungry.. well we have roast beef, ham , or pastrami.. i don't feel like that .. we have ham, pastrami , or roast beef.. .. rrrrrrr... then Madeline.. andres says.. can u get me something.. music blasting.. singing away.. turn volume down yes andres.. i'm thirsty.. well drink the water.. i dont feel like the water, well we don't have anything else.. we drank mom's vitimin water,... all.. of it.. did i get any.. no.. yesterday.

.... and so goes the long journey home, as i awake to the phone alarm, the dark sky out side, the sun rising, from behind distant mountains.. grayish silowets.. in the background the biegish tundra my foreground.. the birds a just starting their early morning banter.. all quite on the western front..

Andres my dear boy got me out of the camper.. to look at the wetlands area last eve, we saw a craw fish or two.. a turtle.. swimming in the clear stream just steps away from my campsite for the night.. as we'd ventured earlier yesterday with sharyn to a lovely park also close to yesterdays morning camp in the heart of austin.. and what a lovely walk it was, she showed us ll the beauty, right there.. the clear water river, evidently feed from the colorado.. a swimming hole.. a bridge we crossed over to a huge field where a music fest is held, and all the little paths along the slow moving river, or lake as she said.. clear.. u could see to the bottom.. as she held both andres' and madelines hand.. just like her father.. so kind sincere.. warm.. without an effort.. just naturally beautiful.. who could say i'm not blessed.. with the company of such great people.. who r so giving of them selves.. not even thinking that they r.. just r..

i have a lot to ponder today as i continue down this lonesome highway, berely a trucker to wave to.. as though no one takes this route.. to finally leave tex ass.. and into new mexico.. a new sight as this road is quite different than I-40. flatish, rolling hills where hitting 80 was the speed limit, and i was on it.. my late start yet again.. but for such a good reason, my lovely visit..some brief knowledge of Austin.. capital of texas, nothing like the rest of the state.. artsy.. hip.. would like to know it better..

someday..for now the state i most need to learn is my mind.. my heart.. and whats yet to come.. as i took that short bit of time last night.. so wanting to write so un able to..

my friends now scattered over the usa.. i feel the call of the road.. the cool morning air lightly touching my skin as i write so long and hello again and again.. wonder if their might be some souveneer to be had.. like the mocosins on my way here.. hum.. wonder where the hell i put another thing.. it will take a month to unload this coach with the shit we have collected.. andres wanted batteries, for a light up sword someone had given him.. like i d have to take everything out of the basement just to find them!!!! ok for get the suveneer.. dont stop.. just geter there... L.A here we come...

most lovingly andrea, and crew!!!

and p.s im not fixing spelling today whos got the time.. it takes me more time to correct spelling tyos than it does put forth my thoughts.. xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment